Adventures at Librari-Con with Samurai Batman

Playing video games

Recently, JJ and I made our second journey to the 11th annual Librari-Con at the Cumberland County Public Library in Fayetteville.  This is an annual anime/graphic novel/sci-fi mini convention that featured anime viewing, panels forums, Artist Alley, Cosplay Runway and more.
What made this event super awesome was the fact that the library was opened at the same time of the event.
For a year, JJ had talked about having a costume after not being able to wear one last year. He was a Samurai Batman.
Apparently, JJ had a growth spurt in the last few weeks so there was struggle getting him into his costume, but a little pulling, binder clips and prayer got the costume on him.

I decided to go as my favorite thing – a mother/photographer/bodyguard/book nerd wearing a Wonder Woman shirt.
JJ decided to add his own special touch to it with a trident and a Flash mask for me. I’m not sure what I was supposed to have been but I played along until lunchtime.
For the first hour, he played free video games in the Gaming Lounge while I read magazines and people watched.There were almost 2,000 people at the daylong event. Some in costume, some people watching and some just there for the library services.
I am not sure who this was.
Wonder Woman left him speechless.
He had his photo taken with a computer virus.


We met everyone from Bobba Fett and Darth Vader to Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn.
And for the second year, JJ persuaded me to buy him another giant silver sword made out of cardboard and duct tape.
There was some serious geeking out done by him when he met Darth Vader and Wonder Woman.
Meeting Bobba Fett

Since my Jeep is named Bobba Fett, JJ felt it was appropriate to get a photo with his Star Wars namesake.
Battling before lunch!

Lunch was at the R Burger food truck where he had a cheeseburger and I had a hot dog with Freedom League fries.
We sat outside in the nice weather watching people as we ate lunch.
I am still not good with large crowds of people but I made it work because this event made my son happy and Cumberland County Library is one of my favorite libraries.
Once we were done, I had to rip JJ out of his costume. And so begins the quest for a costume for the 12th annual Librari-Con in 2018.
And I have been challenged to come up with a costume. I have no clue what to be or to make. I have a few months.
As JJ gets older, I know outings like this will be few and far between so I take advantage of anything I can.




DAILY DOSE
1. Spending time with my son!

2. Spending time in the library!
3. Having one last summer adventure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Today was a fairytale