Tuesday, September 6, 2016

New Beginning



Hello to anyone still there!
 
I started NotesFromtheVoices on Aug. 8, 2009. At that time, I had lost my job, was deep into my eating disorder, depressed and felt loss. Writing this blog was a way to help me find myself and to start the recover process.
I have shared my ups (adventures with son, new jobs and friends) and downs (being hospitalized, getting separated and more.)
For months, I have been trying to figure out what to do with this blog. I can proudly say I am a recovered anorexic. I still have body image issues from time to time but for the most part, I have silenced ED’s voice. Years ago, I would have never posted a picture of me especially one of me swinging. I have come a long way and am finally comfortable in my skin.
With that being said, I thought about moving on and shuttering this blog. I have decided to keep and focus on the other “voices” in my life—books, magazines, decorating, cooking and more.
I  hope it will continue to be a place where I share my life, thoughts and adventures.
And when I don’t have time to update, you can connect with me on Facebook and Instagram. This isn’t good bye but a renewal.
My life was so different when I started. I was fragile and afraid but now I am stronger and fearless!

I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
1.  Being able to spend time with son!
2. Cheese Doodles
3. Being healthy and alive!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on your recovery, long may it last! Take care and keep going! Xo

    ReplyDelete

Adventures at Librari-Con with Samurai Batman

Playing video games Recently, JJ and I made our second journey to the 11th annual Librari-Con at the Cumberland County Public Library i...