Not ruining a special day

Today is a special day in Hough Land. It is the 10th birthday of my son. 



I can’t believe he is 10 years-old. I can remember dreaming of having a child. I can vividly remember finding out I was pregnant but high risk. JJ has always been tough one. I knew he was going to be okay when he started playing soccer with my organs. The day that that he was born was the happiest day ever for me. I can’t imagine my life without him. Even though, we don’t see each other everyday. He knows how much I love him. He has been my motivation to get better because I want to see him grew up and do great things. So today, instead of sleeping in or watching tv on his birthday, my son helped his grandfather kill a hog. I wasn't there to share in this rite of passage. But my son made sure to describe every detail to me. Every detail.
It is a special day. A day that I don’t want to ruin. In a few weeks, I will have surgery to remove some uterine fibroids. Or as I like to say, fibroids gone wild. These bad boys have gotten so big that they are resting on my bladder and make me look like I am two months pregnant.
I didn’t go home for his birthday because he would have taken one look at me and knew something wasn’t right. I didn’t want to ruin his birthday.
I am confident things will go well with the surgery but why have him worry and ruin his big day. I mean you only turn 10 once.

DAILY DOSE
1. Happy Birthday to JJ!!!
2. It is almost time for Thanksgiving!
3. Three day weekend!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst