Friday, May 1, 2015

Positive Change: Day 1

Today is the first day of May. It is amazing how fast times goes when you are getting older.
I decided for this month that I was am going to do at least one positive thing each day.
So today, instead of looking at Facebook during my lunch break, I started reading the new John Grisham book I checked out a week ago at the library.
I know that doesn’t sound like much but it is a big deal. I got the book a week ago and hadn’t made time to read it. So I sat in my car while it rained and read. After a busy morning, it was nice just to slow down and chill. 
I am a little antsy and on edge today. Tonight is the Duplin County Relay for Life event.
I have a written all of the previews about the event so it is only fitting that I attend the event. I have a bittersweet relationship with Relay. Sometimes it is hard to see the cancer survivors but I am happy for them and their families.
So instead of Facebook, I read and gave myself some calm. I'll need that stored up calm for this evening.

DAILY DOSE
1. The library or libraries!!!
2. Sunkist Grape Soda
3. Doing something!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! :) I think I am going to have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete

My home library is complete!!!!!

  I write a book column for Duplin Times in Kenansville, N.C. called the Book Nerd. This is my May column, which is about me finally comple...