Positive Change: Day 1

Today is the first day of May. It is amazing how fast times goes when you are getting older.
I decided for this month that I was am going to do at least one positive thing each day.
So today, instead of looking at Facebook during my lunch break, I started reading the new John Grisham book I checked out a week ago at the library.
I know that doesn’t sound like much but it is a big deal. I got the book a week ago and hadn’t made time to read it. So I sat in my car while it rained and read. After a busy morning, it was nice just to slow down and chill. 
I am a little antsy and on edge today. Tonight is the Duplin County Relay for Life event.
I have a written all of the previews about the event so it is only fitting that I attend the event. I have a bittersweet relationship with Relay. Sometimes it is hard to see the cancer survivors but I am happy for them and their families.
So instead of Facebook, I read and gave myself some calm. I'll need that stored up calm for this evening.

DAILY DOSE
1. The library or libraries!!!
2. Sunkist Grape Soda
3. Doing something!

Comments

  1. This is such a great idea! :) I think I am going to have to try this too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral