One Day at A Time

I will admit the last few weeks have been rough for me.

The state of North Carolina requires car inspections. And if you live in certain counties, your car must also pass emissions testing.  Beatrice (my car) and I have been to Doug the mechanic so much in the last three weeks that we should pass just on principal alone. He fixed the problem but for some reason the stupid machine will not let me pass. 

My nerves are on edge because my car is not in compliance and I still have to work. It is just frustrating. I am working hard to keep a positive outlook but right now I just down in the dumps.



I drive only when necessary to work and assignments. Basically, I go to work and come home. I  have been able to reintroduce myself to the apartment that I pay to sleep in.  I thought it would be resolved by now but there has been a holiday and my mechanic’s wife broke her tail bone and has been in surgery.



I try to put it in perspective. My mechanic’s wife is having surgery as I wirite to correct the problem so she can walk and sit. So I am trying to be patient. I just needed to vent and get it out of my system before I go nuts. 

And it is Day 28--Try a new restaurant. I ate at this barbecue place. It was so-so.

Daily Dose
1. Grape soda makes things a little easier.
2. Walking to the library and being in the library.
3. Thankful for my many blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz