Adventures in Thrift Store shopping

February was a short month with many deadlines for work and special projects. Last weekend, I was looking forward to a getaway to RR. I had planned to eat tons of junk, drink and a watch a marathon of Criminal Minds.
But Mother Nature has other plans. Freezing rain plans. Thanks to a heads up from the best friend, my plans changed and I stayed home. What does a girl do when she has a Saturday off, no plans and some cash. She goes thrift shopping. I mean I was already showered, dress and out of the house. Why go back to my pajamas and the couch?
I head to Goldsboro (or GVegas as I call it). Home to 40,000 people and an Airforce base. There are plenty of thrift and consignment stores to keep a thriftonista happy.
First stop was Bojangles for a Cheddar Bo and orange juice. Got fuel up.
My budget was $30. It was accumulated from running errands for my buddy Nelson. I headed to the Goodwill where I brought several books and these items:
Willis Smith Sweater for $4
Dressbarn Sweater Dress for $5
French Connection Sweater for $4
I took a break to get lunch at Arby’s, coffee at Books-A-Million and office supplies from Staples.
Then I headed to the new Salvation Army store.
Mossino Jacket



Hardtail wrap
There I brought a Hardtail Wrap for $3 and 
Liz Claiborne coat
a Mossino Jacket for $3.
My final stop at a consignment shop almost didn’t happen. I missed my turn and saw the place by chance. Lucky me.
It was there I found a Liz Claiborne Coat for $14. It had a purple tag. Purple tags were 75 percent off. It was $3.50. 
I also brought a pair of Ann Taylor Loft jeans for $6. They were 25 percent off and were $5.
Ann Taylor Loft jeans

I got some nice additions to my closet for $27.50. Not a bad day! 
DAILY DOSE
1. Spring is almost here!
2. Music makes the day go faster!
3. Time for a visit to see the not-so-little guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral