The joys of a snow/ice day!!!

Icy tree above my car!!

There is something magical about a snow day. No work and plenty of daytime television.
In my case, yesterday was a ice day. There was a winter storm set to hit. Pickle Land didn't get snow. We got sleet and freezing rain. It meant I couldn't make it into work. My 30 minute commute involves three bridges so no work for me.  YAY!!!
So I wrote from the newspaper's laptop while sitting on my couch in my home clothes (yoga pants and men's button down shirt). Not a bad way to spend a Tuesday.
The beauty of living in the south is when there is snow or ice, it shuts everything down.
When I wasn't on the couch working or napping, I went outside to take photos of the ice.
With everyone inside, downtown Mount Olive was so quiet. The only sound I could hear was my boots crunchy on the ice and the click of my camera.
My apartment!!

It was a chance to appreciate the beauty of nature and life. It was about 20 degrees outside but I was so bundled up that I barely felt.
The abandon house next door to where I live. If I win the lottery, I am buying this house and renovating it.

I will admit that it was nice to have a snow/ice day. It gave me a chance to relax and reflect.
The next few days are going to be COLD! Tonight, we are suppose to have snow showers and it will be 16 degrees. 16 DEGREES!
The high Thursday will be 19 degrees. OMG! It will be 4 degrees that night. 4 DEGREES!!!
At least, it will be 25 degrees on Friday and 16 degrees that night.
The last two weeks have been busy. I passed the apartment inspection. The place doesn't look as neat as inspection date but still looks pretty decent.
The reason is because I have not been home much in the last two weeks.
With no sweetie, I treated myself to a good Valentine's Day. It started with me visiting the thrift store down the street from my apartment. I found the coolest pair of red wedges for $1. I can't wait until it is warm enough to wear them.
I saw a 11:30 a.m. showing of Fifty Shades of Grey. It was pretty good and was faithful to the book.
Then it was off to Office Depot and Staples for office supplies. I don't really need any but you can never have to many.
My next stop was the Goodwill, where I shopped like a crazy person.
At Books-A-Million, I brought a gift for a friend when I visit her next weekend.
My final stop was to get a chicken salad sandwiches and waffle fries to go. I shared them with my buddy Nelson.
I will admit there are times that I miss being in a couple but overall, I'm okay.
I had a good V-Day!
DAILY DOSE
1. So blessed to have shelter from this cold!
2. Being comfortable in my own skin.
3. Mental note to self: Stay away from rogue barbecue!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral