Celebrating Early

Tuesday in Kville!! This is what I was hoping would happen overnight in Pickleland. It didn't  happen!
I am slightly bummed that Pickleland didn't get the second winter storm that came through. In the first one earlier this week, we go ice. At work, there was plenty of snow. A second storm forecasted brought rain. Lots of rain. A cold rainy day is depressing. 

In about two weeks, I will celebrate my one-year anniversary being at the DT and living back in Pickleland. 

It has been quite a year. In the process, I have learned a lot about myself. The big lesson is that life is too short to be unhappy. Before moving here, I was finally working and making good money but I wasn’t happy. It was draining me. I woke up wanting to come home from work. 

Getting the DT job has re-energized me and took me out of my comfort zone. I am constantly challenged in my job and my personal life.
This is more than a work anniversary. It is the anniversary of a new beginning. I was in a rut in RR.
It has been a wonderful year. I have had a chance to spend more time with JJ. And in the process became a surrogate daughter for an old friend. I can only imagine what will happen during year two.
Last night, while grocery shopping for the impending winter storm that didn’t happen, I tried on reading glasses.
I think it is time to invest in a pair. It is official. I have become a woman of a certain age.
I am enjoying all of it. The good is being able to watch JJ grow up, maintain old friends, make new friendships and find possible love. The bad is dealing with unkind people, menopause and snoring neighbors. I’ll do it all one day at a time. 

Daily Dose
1. Grape soda makes all the bad go away!
2. Being able to get caught up on returning emails and phone calls.
3. Being happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst