Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Today is the last day of 2014. It has been a pretty cool year with me getting a new job and moving back to a place I consider more home than anywhere. It was a chance to build a stronger connection with my son and others in my life. It has been a pretty good year.
For the first time in years, I am in a good place. I didn't dread the holidays or facing another year. This is a good feeling. I know 2015 will be a good year with many opportunities and adventures.
1. I wanted to have some articles published in a magazine. ACCOMPLISHED!! I am published in Southeastern North Carolina magazine.
2. For half of 2013 and 2014, I complained about issues at a previous job. I challenged myself to do something about it. ACCOMPLISHED!! I applied for a position at one of my dream newspapers and got the job. I have been at the Duplin Times for nine months.
3. I will be more sociable. SO-SO!! This will always be a work in progress.
4. Learn how to swim. NOT YET!!
5. I will try one new thing each month. SO-SO!! In the last few months, I have spent less time on the couch and more time around friends.
6. I will go on an overnight road trip with my son. YES!!! Since returning to Mount Olive, my son has visited me twice here. We also spent a few days with my brother in Rock Hill.
7. I will come up with a plan to fix my teeth. SO-SO!!I have found a place that accepts my insurance and is reasonable. Maybe by 2017, my smile will be back.
8. I will continue to work on my relationship with God. SO-SO!!!I have a morning devotional every morning before I leave my apartment. And I am doing a nightly devotional before bed. My next step is to find a church.
9. I will make sure friends and family get copies of the photos I have of them from their younger days. NO!! I work harder on this next year.
10. I will go through the clutter in the spare bedroom and apartment. SO-SO!!! I have gotten most of my stuff from Mark’s house. The goal is to get the rest by the end of January 2015.
11. I want to write more. SO-SO!!I have been writing more in my journal.
12. I want to get my finances in order. SO-SO!!.This is a continuous work in progress.
13. I will continue to work toward an ED-free life. GETTING BETTER!!
Well, it is official. I am the mom of a sixth grader. I can't believe JJ has grown up so fast. It seemed like yesterday that he was ...
Last year at this time, I was recovering from surgery and was housebound in my apartment. This year, I'm singing Christmas carols badly ...
The last week and two days have been some of the most interesting and stressful time in my life. I don’t childbirth was as stressful. Bea...
In recovering from my ED, I am okay healthwise but the big casualty was my teeth. And when you are a reporter, it is quite embarrassing t...