2014 Recap


Today is the last day of 2014. It has been a pretty cool year with me getting a new job and moving back to a place I consider more home than anywhere. It was a chance to build a stronger connection with my son and others in my life. It has been a pretty good year.
For the first time in years, I am in a good place. I didn't dread the holidays or facing another year. This is a good feeling.  I know 2015 will be a good year with many opportunities and adventures. 

2014 Goals

1. I wanted to have some articles published in a magazine. ACCOMPLISHED!! I am published in Southeastern North Carolina magazine.
2. For half of 2013 and 2014, I complained about issues at a previous job. I challenged myself to do something about it. ACCOMPLISHED!! I applied for a position at one of my dream newspapers and got the job. I have been at the Duplin Times for nine months.
3. I will be more sociable. SO-SO!! This will always be a work in progress. 
4. Learn how to swim. NOT YET!!
5. I will try one new thing each month. SO-SO!! In the last few months, I have spent less time on the couch and more time around friends.
6. I will go on an overnight road trip with my son. YES!!! Since returning to Mount Olive, my son has visited me twice here. We also spent a few days with my brother in Rock Hill.
7. I will come up with a plan to fix my teeth. SO-SO!!I have found a place that accepts my insurance and is reasonable. Maybe by 2017, my smile will be back.

8. I will continue to work on my relationship with God. SO-SO!!!I have a morning devotional every morning before I leave my apartment. And I am doing a nightly devotional before bed. My next step is to find a church.

9. I will make sure friends and family get copies of the photos I have of them from their younger days. NO!! I work harder on this next year.

10. I will go through the clutter in the spare bedroom and apartment. SO-SO!!! I have gotten most of my stuff from Mark’s house. The goal is to get the rest by the end of January 2015.

11. I want to write more. SO-SO!!I have been writing more in my journal.

12. I want to get my finances in order. SO-SO!!.This is a continuous work in progress.

13. I will continue to work toward an ED-free life. GETTING BETTER!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral