Christmas tidings


I am not a Christmas person. It just isn’t one of my favorite holidays. But I make it a priority for son. For the last eight years, Christmas shopping has been no big deal.
But this year, my son is nine and I can feel things are changing. He is becoming more interested in different things along with the inevitable question about the man in the red suit.
So the Road Tripper has been on the quest for Christmas presents.
James Edward has never been picky about gifts. I could bring him some straws, toothpicks and a roll of duct tape and the boy would create something cool.
Last year, he requested Legos. I got him Star Wars Legos. After 20 minutes of trying to figure it out, we came up with our own crazy creations.
I wanted to get him something special.
Thanks to the lower gas prices, I have traveled in search of the gift.
Recently, I went to the Toys R Us in Fayetteville. I was in the store for a minute and realized that I was way out of my comfort zone. There were too many colors, children and options. I headed to Barnes and Noble to calm down.
After an iced coffee, I went to comics and graphic novel section, where I decided a gift certificate would be perfect so he could pick out his own comics.
I headed to Cross Creek Mall. Yes, the mall. It has been a longtime since I was in a mall.
The city where I used to live had mall but I wouldn’t call it a mall.
After parking in Timbukto, I hiked to the door.
Build-A-Bear is not an option for a nine-year-old boy.
Cross Creek Mall was pretty awesome with everything from Charlotte Russe and Loft to Radioshack and Foot Locker.
And they had a Food Court. I took a brief break to eat at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
I left the mall with a full tummy, some Hallmark cards and no gifts for my son.
My next shopping adventure was in Goldsboro. At this point, I had some shopping guidance from my son. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas—a drone from Santa.
I quietly asked what his other realistic wishes were for Christmas. A booster pack of Yu-Gi-Oh cards was what he asked for from me.
I googled this and ended up confused.
So I headed to my favorite go-to-place for James Edward presents—Books-A-Million.
For those, who don’t know my son, he loves Iron Man. He loves all comic book characters but Iron Man is his favorite. It has been this way since he was two years old. He has seen all of the movies. He dresses Iron Man on Halloween or just for the fun of it. To say, he loves Iron Man is the understatement of the year.
Well on the clearance table for 50 percent off was a giant Iron Man figure.
One gift down and still confused.

Daily Dose
1. Two early deadlines down and one to go!
2. Red velvet cupcakes!
3. Seeing my bestie!!!

Comments

  1. I have such a hard time thinking if things to buy people. It's terrible!! Well you ran into the perfect gift on sale-hope you find what else you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral