- Jeepers Creepers—I have seen this movie to many times to count. The ending gets to me every time.
- The Ring—Seen it several times and it always keeps me a little shaken.
- Halloween—This is one of the classics of horror. Minimal gore plus Michael Myers and that Captain Kirk mask equals a good experience. This was one of the first horror movies that I was allowed to watch as a kid.
- Carrie—I love this movie. Don’t mess with the quiet ones.
- Silence of the Lambs—Well hello Clarice!
- Alien—This was the first horror that I ever watched as a kid. I watched with my mom and younger brother. The dinner scene is one of the best horror moments ever. EVER!
- The Sixth Sense—I love this movie.
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning—I watched 15 minutes of this and realized I was breaking my rule.
- The Mist—Great movie with a OMG ending!
- The Birds—This is my favorite Alfred Hitchcock movie. Everytime I watch it, I look at birds differently.
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Horror movies are awesome!
I have to work Halloween weekend so last weekend was my annual horror movie weekend.
It was a chance to eat tons of junk food while being scared out of my mind.
The rules of Jackie’s Horror Fest are simple. I don’t like zombie movies (except 28 Days Later) and don’t watch movies like Paranormal Activity that will come back to haunt me in the middle of the night when my refrigerator is screaming. Yes, it screams.
Here is the results of Horror Fest in no particular order:
So this was my salute to Halloween. I will spent my Halloween at a Trick or Treat Street Festival in Wallace Friday night. I am looking forward to seeing all the little ghost, princesses and Iron Men.
And Saturday, I will be at the Stew Fest sampling 12 to 15 stews, chili and soups. Must remember to take photos and notes so I write a story.
And my costume will be one of a mild-mannered reporter with a great fashion sense and a cute hat.
What’s your favorite scary move?
1. Eating Chinese food and drinking orange soda while watching cute construction workers.
2. Finding my favorite pair of shoes!
3. Having Thursday off from work!
I write a book column for Duplin Times in Kenansville, N.C. called the Book Nerd. This is my May column, which is about me finally comple...
In recovering from my ED, I am okay healthwise but the big casualty was my teeth. And when you are a reporter, it is quite embarrassing t...
The last week and two days have been some of the most interesting and stressful time in my life. I don’t childbirth was as stressful. Bea...
Last year at this time, I was recovering from surgery and was housebound in my apartment. This year, I'm singing Christmas carols badly ...