In January, I set 13 goals for myself in 2014. I decided to check in at the seventh month mark to see how things are going. It has been an interesting year so far with several snow storms, getting a new job, moving to a new town and being jerked out my comfort zone. But that's life.
|Relaxing in the book nook area of my apartment!|
Goals for 2014
- I will have some articles published in a magazine.
The newspaper I work for is creating a magazine for Southeastern North Carolina. So this goal will be achieved by the end of the year.
- Instead of constantly complaining about the issues at my current job, I will be part of the solution to help make things better.
I did something. I celebrated my five month anniversary with the Duplin Times yesterday.
- I will be more sociable.
This is will always be a work-in-progress. I am a people person for my job but it gets kind of iffy when I don't have the notebook with me.
- 4. Learn how to swim.
I am going to have to make more of an effort to achieve this.
- 5. I will try one new thing each month.
With the new job and moving, the new thing has been finding new places.
- 6. I will go on an overnight road trip with my son.
Since returning to Mount Olive, my son has visited me twice here. This is a big deal.
- 7. I will come up with a plan to fix my teeth.
I have found a place that accepts my insurance and is reasonable. Maybe by 2017, my smile will be back.
- 8. I will continue to work on my relationship with God.
I read a morning devotional most mornings before I leave my apartment. I have recently started reading a nightly devotional before bed. My next step is to find a church.
- 9. I will make sure friends and family get copies of the photos I have of them from their younger days.
No progress has been made on this.
- 10. I will go through the clutter in the spare bedroom and apartment.
I moved from RR. Most of the clutter is in boxes at M's house in RR.
- 11. I want to write more.
I have been writing more in my journal.
- 12. I want to get my finances in order.
This is a continous work in progress.
- 13. I will continue to work toward an ED-free life.
I have found myself restricting more and more. Not a lot where I have to be hospitalized but I have lost some weight. Hopefully, my doctor's appointment tomorrow will help.
The last seven months have been hectic and chaotic but I am slowly starting to find a balance. I just have to keep moving forward.
1. It is okay to have a cup of coffee and a creme filled chocolate cupcake for breakfast.
2. My life may not be perfect but at least I am not worried that militant faction will destroy my home and town.
3. Rest in peace Robin Williams.