Thursday, March 13, 2014

Returning home

The last three weeks have been insane and crazy. On Tuesday, I started my new job as staff writer at one of the best weekly newspapers in the state of NC. 

And last night, I stayed in my new apartment. It is so cute. It will probably be nicer once I get all of my stuff unpacked and arranged the way I want it. 

Things are still a little crazy because I hit the ground running with the new job. Normally at a newspaper, a reporter is allowed to ease into things. Since I lived in the area before and not fresh out of college, I had a meeting to cover on the first night that I worked.
I am still living out of suitcases, boxes and laundry baskets. Eventually things will become normal again. 

I didn’t grow up in MTO but I lived there for seven years after college and learned a lot about the business.
I view my time in RR as going off to college and graduate school.
And now I have returned home. 

It feels so good to be back.

DAILY DOSE
1. So grateful to have a place to live and to work.
2. So glad the major part of the move is over.
3. Electricity and water is AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you!! Looking forward to an apartment pic once you get it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Spending time with my son

Memorial Day is always special for me as a reporter and a person. It is a chance to recognize who gave their life so I and others can have t...