I love when a plan comes together

It has been tough juggling two lives. My current life is living in Roanoke Rapids, NC while working as an assistant editor in Emporia, Va. Some days I don't know if I am coming or going. All of this is being done while I am trying to pack up my two bed-room apartment. There are boxes, full and empty, everywhere. It is very chaotic but everything is working out.

I am old school and love to write out daily to-do list on colorful sticky notes in my day planner. I could put it all on my phone but I love being able to cross things off my list.
My crazy to-do list!

All of the these boxes are for my future life in Mount Olive, NC (aka Pickleland). Thanks to a friend and a previous landlord, I have a one bedroom upstairs apartment in a beautiful old house. I call it my penthouse. I have rented this place based on a glimpse of it six years ago when I lived in the apartment below it. I am so excited because this is a sign that everything is going to be okay. Even though I am a messy person, there is a certain amount of structure to my life. To others, there is total chaos but to me, it is my life.

I have been to area liquor stores so much for boxes that I am on a first name basis with many of the store clerks. I have used my packing time to listen to 80s music and dance around the living room. I am also using these last few weeks to cook what it is in the fridge and freezer so it will be one less thing to pack.

I will miss Roanoke Rapids because it is the place where I have made some lifelong friendships and sincerely started my journey of recovery from ED. I also embraced my being a geek. It is hard to believe in a few weeks, I will not be here at my desk in Emporia but in two and half hours away.

As I have packed, I realized a few things about myself:
--I am a newspaper junkie.
--I could open my office supply store with the amount of sticky notes, blank notebooks and pens I own.
--I could also open a bookstore with all of the books I own.
--I own more books than dvds.
--I will miss the fact that I had three closets in this apartment.
--I will miss my neighbor.


I am really looking forward to this next phase of my life.


DAILY DOSE
1. Boxes from liquor stores are the best!
2. Found my favorite sweater while packing!
3. So grateful for this new opportunity!

Comments

  1. Glad it's all coming together for you!! You have moved so many times. I think I'd lose my mind but you handle it well. Hopefully, this next situation will be perfect and you will stay put for a while to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this is all coming together for you, and that you will get to be closer to JJ. You are an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral