Saying good-bye 2013



It is hard to believe that 2013 will be over in a few hours. I had a chance to see JJ this weekend for a delayed Christmas. We had an awesome time filled with gifts, adventures and Krispy Kreme. This was my favorite photo that summed up my trip.



It has been an interesting year. I was looking back at the 13 things I planned to do in 2013.

Here is a quick recap and whether I was successful.

13 things to do in 2013

I will spend more time with my son at his home and at my home.  
This year, I have seen him once a month for a long weekend. He spent a week with me in RR in August. Hopefully, I can convince his father to meet me half way so we have more adventures in RR.



 I will not let ED win. I will continue the fight. The fight continues!
I will admit the last few months haven't been easy without insurance and medication. When the clock strikes 12, I will become insured once more.

 Focus more on my love of photography.
I have busy but still stop to take photos. My son is still the focus of a lot of photos. He thinks I take to many!

Learn how to swim and buy a cute bathing suit.
Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to do this. My goal is to take lessons in the spring and write about it for the newspaper.

Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity. 
I still want to be a part of Habitat. Hopefully, it will come to fruition in 2014.

Clear out the clutter in the back bedroom. 
This didn't happen at all. In fact, the room has even more boxes in it including a lawnmower. 

Attend church on a regular basis.
I attended church a few times but would like to be more consistent.

Be a better person. Instead of complaining find a solution.
This is something I am working on daily. I want to be a better person to others and to myself.

Don't be so reclusive. Reach out to others more.
Since getting my new job, I have become reclusive and almost hermit like on off time.

Improve my writing skills.
I work on this every day. I want to be the best writer possible.

Start the process of fixing my smile.
No progress was made on this. Hopefully, one day I will be able to fix my teeth.

Cook more instead of frozen dinners.
I have been cooking a lot more. My white chicken chili is awesome!

Become a kick ass newspaper designer.
Now, I know the basis of InDesign so I am going to be experimenting more in 2014.

I am still working on my goals for 2014. I think I did pretty good this year because I didn't end in hospital for ED or become a hoarder. A pretty decent year.  

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!!!!

DAILY DOSE
1. Having a pretty decent 2013!
2. Appreciating life more!
3. Finding my favorite sweater. 

Comments

  1. may all your resolutions become a reality! sending you lots of positive mojo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral