My editor had an emergency last week so I had to paginate the entire paper. It was quite experience involving eight hours, lots of caffeine and tons of prayer. For my hard work, I was given the Staples credit card and told I could pick out the day planner, pens and any other supplies I needed. To me, it was the equivalent of having a shopping spree in Macy's. It took me a hour to pick out the planner and 30 minutes to pick out the pens. I am a very happy Jackie!!!
It has been a busy month so far for me. So far, I have :
- Used a free moment to decorate my computer monitor, which is very old school and cracked to look a little better.
- Discovered that health insurance is no longer cheap. Through my work, it will cost me about $425 a month for JJ and I for the cheap version. Then I found out the cheap will not cover him because he lives in SC.
- Got to paginate the entire newspaper by myself after my editor had an emergency. I got to see firsthand what he deals with twice a week. I now make sure I have everything done so he can do his job.
- Tried to figure out if JJ still believes in Santa. I think he knows the truth but is wanting to say something after Christmas. We did good to keep him almost eight years. I figured it out when I was six.
- Let JJ know that I will not be home for Christmas but on the weekend after. I have work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. I just don't have it in me to drive down Christmas Eve and drive back Christmas Day. He was cool with it and said Christmas presents don't go bad.
- Worked hard to be social. Most days I just want to go home and shut the door on the world. I make sure to meet a friend for lunch or dinner at least once a month.
- Had two guys interested in dating me but decided I wasn't quite ready yet.
- Made what should be the laundry room area into a jacket and coat closet. Didn't realize I had so many.
- Danced around the living room most night thanks to the DirecTV music channels.
- Discovered that I eat ice cream more during the cold weather than warm.
- Worked on a plan to figure what I need to do in order to move closer to JJ.