Feeling like an "Avenger"

I am having the best Monday that I have had in a longtime. It started with getting ready to 80s music. But the best part is being able to do 75 mph on I-95 in a Dodge Avenger. I felt like I was in a state-of-the-art tank. It was AWESOME!!!!

Well, how did I go from a 2004 Chevy Cavalier named Beatrice to an amazing piece of machinery like the Avenger. On Friday, I was rear ended while coming back from covering a pep rally. Yes, a pep rally!! I was just sitting in traffic waiting and hoping to leave work early. Instead, a lady hit me and I hit a pick up truck. As the person in the middle, my car was the most damaged. I am a little achy but doing fine. I feel very blessed because things could have easily been worse.

So now, I am the temporary owner of a Dodge Avenger. The police report for the accident will not be ready until Tuesday so I am enjoying my temporary ride. This is why my Monday is so AWESOME!!!

My weekend celebration with my best friend was great. We sat around and drank Cherries!! It is a drink she made up that has cherry limeade, vodka, cherry pie filling and lots of ice. By 7 p.m. Saturday, we were some happy ladies. It was nice to have a low stress birthday with lots of conversation, good food and homemade red velvet cake.

I think I am in a good mood because I refuse to be defeated by life and its challenges. I am trying to be the glass is half full girl instead of half empty girl. So it will be a good week because at the end of it, I am leaving early on Friday to go and visit my JJ. And we will be Avengers together!!!

DAILY DOSE

1. Being able to drive a Dodge Avenger!!!

2. Being able to watch away from car accident with just minor bruises.

3. Having my best friend make me homemade red velvet cake!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz