Feeling more like myself


I have learned something valuable about recovery. It takes many steps and it will never really be complete for me. I have had a minor set back but I am continuing to move forward. 
One way to keep going was to make some vegetarian chili. It is vegetarian because I forgot to put to thaw out the chicken to put in it. It is quite tasty and spicy. Maybe a little to spicy but it is still good.

I guess watching all those cooking shows on Sunday afternoon have paid off.

I must apologize for my previous rant about my co-worker. It was a mixture of frustration, sadness and anger. I have since figured out the best way to handle it without doing anything that will get me fired or put in jail. I am not big on change but change is inevitable. It is what keeps the world going.

Between the new job and my upcoming 40th birthday, it is just hard. I am trying to keep everything in balance. And cooking helps me. I turn on some 80s music, pull out a cookbook and some pans. And take it a few ingredients at a time.

Currently, I am writing this while listening to the Rolling Stones. Headphones play a big key in my survival and sanity.

DAILY DOSE

1. My baby got three As and one B on his progress report. YAY!! But he does talk a little to much in class. He gets this from his dad.

2. Feeling better!

3. My apartment is starting to look like an apartment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst