A weekend of fun, food and Iron Man


My son is a big fan of comic book superheroes. Since he was a wee one, he has loved Iron Man. JJ likes them all but Iron Man is his absolute favorite. 

Last week, while searching online, I came across a small Comic Con being held in Florence SC. I knew it was the event for JJ and I to attend.

So for the weekend, he had two surprises – me and the Comic Con. He loved both. On Sunday, we got up early and drove to Florence, which is a hour from where JJ lives. He dressed as Iron Man and me in a Wonder Woman t-shirt.



JJ had to have been the happiest seven-year-old in the world. He looked at various comic books, met different characters and was able to buy some stuff (courtesy of Wonder Woman).



I feel so blessed with this new job so we will be  able to have adventures like this with my son. A few months ago, it was hard scrapping together gas money for a simple visit.

JJ had a rough start in school. He got sick and missed several days of school. Sunday was a chance for him to be Iron Man.



Other weekend adventures included seeing the movie Turbo, visiting Kristy Kreme to watch doughnuts being made and allowing mom to have some retail therapy.

I am tired today because I left late on Sunday. It is a good tired because I got to spent priceless time with my son.

DAILY DOSE

1. Spending one on one time with JJ.

2. Having a hot out of the oven doughnut from Krispy Kreme.

3. Being able to be Iron Man’s side kick. 

Comments

  1. What a perfectly wonderful outing for the two of you. Go Mom-I mean Wonder Woman!! And you really are that to him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz