Rebooting my attitude for life



I have reached a point in my life where I am tired of feeling sorry for myself. I am making less than I did when I first left college. I want to be able to take my son to the beach or to the amusement park. Hell, right now just being able to visit him is a luxury.

I had an epiphany this week while driving to an assignment. Lately, I have been doing craft projects with a photography slant to them to relax, destress and detox from work.

Why not see if I could earn some spare cash. My first project was Father’s Day present for JJ’s father. I made photo coaster using ceramic tiles and various photos of JJ.
Photo coasters


 I am not sure where this will go but what do I have to lose. I even have name for them-- JJ’s Creations! I picked it so I wouldn’t forgot the reason and where the money will go.

Another avenue I am exploring is freelancing for a magazine. I know this will not be easy but I have some magazine experience thanks to my newspaper.

For years, I have written daytrippers for our Lake Magazine. A few weeks ago, the magazine was redesigned and no more day trip features. I miss writing them. They were so much fun to do and write. I got to visit some really cool places for free. And it was my fun outlet. So I am going to send some query letters out to some regional travel magazines and see what happens.

Where is all of this coming from?  I am sick of being so negative, so unhappy and broke. July 1 is the beginning of a new fiscal year and I see it as a new beginning. Instead of complaining and moping, I am doing  something to help myself.

To demonstrate my committment, I have set up an office space in my living room to motivate me.

My living room is definitely living up to its name. I have my large book collection on display there to give me inspiration and peace.



My books keep me happy and sane!!

I’ll keep you posted on how things are going but I feel really good about this. I need the extra money but don’t have the time to get a second job. But if this doesn’t work, I not ruling out a second job.

DAILY DOSE

1. To be blessed with so many amazing friends!!

2. Becoming addicted to pigs in a blanket!!

3. Cleaning up and finding a storage tote full of clothes, shoes and purses. It was like Christmas!!!

Comments

  1. Good luck in your new venture. You are very talented!

    (When I get a job, I'll commission you to make a JJ Creations' coaster for me, deal?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go after what you want! I think you can do it if you set your mind to it. Hopefully, you can generate some more money from writing and crafts. Things you love to do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst