Knowing Myself


I may not know much in life but I know myself pretty well. I am a creature of habit. I am not big on change. This habit of mine allows to see when things are out of whack.

For instance, I switched from remeron to prozac while I was on vacation. Anytime I changed meds or start meds, I like to do it while I am not working so I see if anything is different or if the meds make me tired. I started taking the prozac on Dec. 28 and by New Year’s Day I noticed my mouth was little swollen. By January 4, I could barely talk. 

During this time, I didn’t eat anything weird or do anything. I had to be the meds. I left a message with my doctor and made the decision to stop taking the prozac on Jan. 5. Since then, I am back to normal. The swelling has gone away.

When I got in touch with my doctor on Monday, it was the reaction of the nurse that shocked me.
Instead of giving me kudos for realizing something was wrong, she got upset because had started taking the new med a week after my doctor appointment. I have an appointment with the doctor next week to address the allergy issue and the way the nurse spoke to me.

Here’s the thing, I think the prozac was working with the seroquel I was taking. I actually started to feel like myself. I didn’t feel all doom and gloom sprinkled with death and despair. I felt hopeful.
I am still taking the seroquel and am waiting to start something new. I am so glad that I know my body well because I saved myself.

Daily Dose
1. Knowing myself!
2. Having a beautiful warm day among the cold nasty stuff.
3. Orange soda!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz