Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A rude encounter has an happy ending!!!

Last night, I covered the monthly Sip & See series at our local Arts Council for the newspaper and magazine. I look forward to the event each month because a I feel little cultured after it.

I needed to get a crowd shot so I stood up on a chair and  ended up having a brief exchange with a man I didn't know.

Man: I know you are trying to get the picture but you need to be careful in your delicate condition.
Me: Oh! I'm not pregnant. I just had a really good December.

He apologized a lot. But I was cool with it. I didn't freak out and ED didn't get a voice in the matter. I did have a very good December. And I enjoyed every bite of it from the breakfast casseroles and ham dinners to amazing  cakes and pies. It was an AWESOME month and January hasn't been to bad either. And I am cool with it. It has been too cold to do my three days a week walk and I have been putting in some late hours. Exercise  hasn't been a major priority. So I know where the weight has come from. But I am perfectly okay with it.

I am not going to beat myself up because I have enjoyed myself and because of someone's "concern". 

In fact after talking with him, I had stood line for  food at the event. I enjoyed the bbq chicken wings, the hummus and chips, the cheese and especially the mini brownies.  Now, I still have some not so good days ED wise but they are not everyday. And it wasn't last night or today.

I am so proud of how far I have come in my recovery. I mean I still have some miles to go in it but I am proud of myself. I think I will celebrate with a red velvet cupcake tonight.

DAILY DOSE

1. Being proud of me and my recovery!

2. Red velvet cupcakes!!

3. Having the joy of enjoying food again!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there,

    That's so great that you are winning the war against your eating disorder
    I love your positivity and your strength shines through

    I wish you all the best for 2013 x

    ReplyDelete

A whole new world

Well, it is official. I am the mom of a sixth grader. I can't believe JJ has grown up so fast. It seemed like yesterday that he was ...