Thankful to be able to be thankful



My favorite holiday in the whole wide world is Thanksgiving. I have always loved it. The food, fellowship and being thankful for all things. 
Thanksgiving became even more special for me about seven years ago.

 It was when I fell in love with the most beautiful little boy in the world--my JJ. 
My boy turns the big 7 on Friday and I can’t wait to see him to give him lots of hugs and kisses. 
I became pregnant with him when I was thick in ED. It wasn’t an easy pregnancy because it was a daily fight to eat and maintain an appropriate weight. But I fight hard because I wanted to make sure he had a chance. And he has taken his chance and ran with it.
At four feet, he is all boy who wants to do and try everything in life. I am surprised he hasn’t had major injuries with some of his adventures.
We have a phone ritual that we do everytime we talk. It is called “I love you more than ...” A recent phone call:
Me--I love you more than all of the magazines in the world.
JJ--That’s a lot of love Mommy because you love magazines!
JJ--Mommy, I love you more than all the stars in the galaxy.
Me--Wow, that a lot of love because there are tons of stars out there.
JJ--I know. It means my love for you is unlimited.

It made me want to cry. At times, I feel like I am the worst mother because I am not not with him everyday but I know in my heart being in RR for now is the best thing.
When we are together, it makes the time much more sweeter. So Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. And a special Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!

DAILY DOSE (Thanksgiving style)
1. I am thankful for my son.
2. I am thankful to be able to do what I love to do each day--write.
3. I am thankful I have had only a few bumps in the road in recovery this year.

Comments

  1. So sweet!!! Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday to your son. As a mom sometimes you have to do what is best even if it means being apart. That is being totally selfless and not selfish even if it might feel that way. Enjoy your precious time together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral