The fragile balance of being healthy

When your grandmother and mother along with several aunts have died of cancer, it can make a person paranoid. For the most part, I keep the anxiety under wraps. But an mammogram earlier this month, shredded my nerves. My mind went very worst case scenario. My biggest fear was not being able to see JJ grow up.

Let’s start with I am okay. Apparently, I have quite a few cysts in my left breast. Harmless cysts that don’t look harmless on a mammogram. For an hour and half Tuesday, I was on pins and needles. I stole a glance at the monitor during the mammogram and about had a heart attack. An ultrasound confirmed they were cysts (Nine of them to be exact). I was so happy that I celebrated with a cherry slushie.

This incident hammered home the importance of yearly mammograms and physicals. I have to admit that I slacked off in 2011.

The last few weeks have been stressful. But I didn't take to the bed or bury myself in orange soda. I took each issue step by step. After having a tough staff meeting this morning, I had a thought. I regret turning down the job in August. I should have took the pay cut and fled RR when I  had the chance. But I made my decision and now I must figure out what my next move will be. Crazy times in RR, crazy times.

For the Halloween trick or treating thing at work, I am going to be a honeybee. My costume is so cute. I am actually excited about Halloween. Bzzzzzzzzzzz!

DAILY DOSE

1. My Halloween costume.

2. Orange soda makes everything ok!

3. Hearing my son talk about his day!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you're okay, too!!!

    Maybe the opportunity for something better might come along. I'll keep you in my prayers.

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are okay! It's a reminder to all of us that our health is so important and needs to be protected and cared for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst