Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Writing is good for the soul
I have been trying to write more of late. I have all of these cool journals so they should be full instead of empty and attracting dust. I would like to join a writer's group that is here in the Valley. There is a story that has been in my head for about two years now. So I am trying to get my writing skills up to par.
I have started with list items and moving toward more longer pieces.
10 things that carry with me at all times are...
In one of my huge purses, there are ten things I always like to carry with me.
1. There is always a photo of JJ for inspiration.
2. My cell phone, which is an necessity for work and staying in contact with JJ.
3. Pens and pens and more pens--I love having a variety to chose from when covering an event.
4. Cinnamon candy--It helps me to stay awake at meetings and driving.
5. Crystal Light lemonade packet--Sometimes you want more than just plain water.
6. My wallet because unfortunately life revolves around money and identification.
7. Business cards--In three years, I have given out almost 2,000 cards. At times, I wonder who did I give all these cards to.
8. A magazine--I hate to wait without something to read.
9. A notebook for when inspiration strikes or to make a list like this.
10. Hand sanitzer because one's hand should always be clean.
I am taking some time off from work on Thursday and Friday. What am I doing on my break from newspaper world? I am going go through some of my stuff and decide on donate or keep. Plus, I plan to veg after a busy couple of weeks. I am feeling more at ease about the possibility of keeping my job. Today, we got cool magnetic name tags. This has got to count for something right?
1. Have a nice lunch outside at Sonic!
2. Looking cute in boots and a cute top. Soon the boots will be packed away with all the winter stuff.
3. Not feeling so exhausted.
at May 01, 2012
One of the hardest things I had to ever do was to explain my ED to my 11-year-old son. His father had talked to him about it, which I have...
Last year at this time, I was recovering from surgery and was housebound in my apartment. This year, I'm singing Christmas carols badly ...
The last week and two days have been some of the most interesting and stressful time in my life. I don’t childbirth was as stressful. Bea...
In recovering from my ED, I am okay healthwise but the big casualty was my teeth. And when you are a reporter, it is quite embarrassing t...