Bittersweet Beauty

Relay for Life is an event that is close to my heart. To see thousands come together for a common cause is beautiful. Cancer is very prevalent in my family so I do whatever I can. It  has taken on a special meeting since my mother's death. No matter what newspaper I am at, I always adopt Relay for Life as one of my things to cover.

This weekend, I felt so blessed to be around so many amazing working together to defeat Cancer. I feel honored  when people trust me to tell their stories. This is why I became a reporter. Everyone has a story to tell.

The survivor's walk is always hard for me. Deep down inside I wish my mother was one of them.  But I know she is in a better place now. It was a great way to spend a Friday night.

Thursday was my therapy with Caroline. She is so awesome. I also met my new doctor for the first time. I continue on remeron but must go back on seroquel to help with the anxiety. For the past month, I  have done little things to tone up for the summer. I am parking further from the building, taking the stairs and walking at least three times a week. And the biggie--cutting back on my consumption of orange soda and eating tons of junk food while writing my desk. Caroline and I have talked about what a realistic weight is for me. For me, it is the size 6 to 8 range.

I learned my little things have paid off. I am a healthy 139 pounds. When I saw the number on the scale at the doctor's office. I didn't freak out. I didn't burst into tears. I was like cool. Yay for being proactive and realistic.

DAILY DOSE

1. I will have two glorious days off.

2. Baking a red velvet cake.

3. Listening to my son, whose has adopted surfing lingo!!!

Comments

  1. Red Velvet Cake? Call me when it's ready. I'll bring my own fork!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst