Countdown to the weekend has begun!!!!

I woke up wishing today was Friday. It has been a long week and it's only Wednesday. All of this education reporting is kicking my butt. Late nights and early mornings are rough. I realize today that I am spending too much time at the office coffee pot.

One big thing stands in the way of a weekend of relaxing and sorting through stuff--office christmas party. An event that strikes fear in the heart of many here. If it was just the newsroom, I would be cool with it but it's not. I mean folks are nice here but I don't want to spend my evening off with them. The event isn't mandatory but it's mandatory. But at least it is catered by a really good caterer.

I haven't heard anything about the job I applied for. I am cool with it. I realize that I am going to expand my opportunities in 2012. I am tired of working for peanuts. I mean I appreciate those peanuts because they keep the lights on and gas in the vehicle but that is about it. I know this means I might have to leave writing for awhile but sometimes you do what you have to do.

In other news, I have figured out i-movie. We are required to shoot at least one video a month for our website. I worked on  my this morning at it looks like a mini production. I am no Steven Spielberg  but I am did okay.

Today, my grandmother would have been 97 years old. I can honestly say that she is 90 percent responsible for the person that I am today. She was an incredibly awesome woman. Growing up, I was a grandma's girl. I was her shadow and learned so many life lessons from her. She only had a sixth grade education but she was the smartest person I ever knew. If we ever have a zombie apocalypse, I think I could survive a few months based on the things she taught me. Thanks to her, I can kill, cut up and cook an entire chicken; what green stuff one can eat in the woods and other priceless information. So I say to my grandma in heaven--"Happy Birthday Grand! I miss you and say hi to mom for me."

DAILY DOSE
1. Going to bed early makes for a great day.
2. Finding mice bodies! Operation Destroy Mouse in the House was a success!
3. Making the chicken and rice that is yummy and nutritious!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you sound so happy :) not that you sound sad normally but today you seem to shine with happiness. I was also really close to my nana, she is still with us though and is 82. I talk to her whenever I can as she is in England now and I miss her lots. She always used to call me her peach blossum. Anyway, I am glad the weekend is almost here too. I am also glad you are going to try and cut down some of your late working days. We all need a break now and then and you do work hard. I hope the rest of the week goes quick for you!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I don't get enough sleep I'm a mess! Hope you can get more of it. And good for you for looking for other work. Who knows where that might lead and if you aren't totally happy with what you got it sure doesn't hurt to see what else is out there. I'm READY for the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz