Recovering from Election Night

I am so glad that election day only happens once a year! Right now, I am so tired that coffee didn't put a dent into it. 

And while I am grateful for the right to vote in this country. I dread elections with a passion because it means a late night  and then right back in here at 7:30 a.m. I am not a morning person at all. Normally, I have to be at work at 8 a.m. I don't roll out of bed until 7:15 a.m. I live two miles from the newspaper and I take full advantage of this proximity. Actually, I wake up at 6:55 a.m. Get up, head to the couch and watch the news until 7:15 a.m. Then I shower and get ready. I am a creature of habit and hate for my process to mess with. 

With election night, it means there are only 17 days before JJ returns to RR. My goal for this week is to clean out the back bedroom so I can find his toys. It will be the first place he hits for when he hits the door. In my cleaning, I have discovered I am quite a pack rat. I found a box of clothes full of size fours that I am donating. I am trying to streamline my life but it isn't easy. I am a person who accumulates a lot of stuff. Not pizza boxes and gum wrappers but things like blank notebooks, pens and the right coat for the right day.

Growing up, I didn't have much along with the fact that there wasn't much space. I grew up in a three bedroom home with 10 people. In high school, I shared a room with four people. I guess as an adult with plenty of space, I accumulated plenty of things. So I am spending weekends going through items. JJ will be surprised because he knows his mommy is not neat. But honestly, he will not care because he loves me.

DAILY DOSE

1. Coffee is amazing when you are tired.

2. A cute tunic and leggings go a long way early in the morning.

3. Getting a handle on being disorganized!!!

Comments

  1. Wow, 10 people in 3 BR. I crave space majorly from years of tiny apartment living. I think b/c of that I hate stuff!! Because I never had anywhere to put it. Sorry about your long days...hope you get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral