Seven minutes of bliss

Last night for seven minutes, I knew what pure bliss felt like. For seven minutes, I had power. This means I had air conditioning. It was nice and cool. It was nice to hear the hum of the refrigerator. As I reached for my remote, I heard a loud explosion. And my bliss ended.

Down the street, the transformer had blew. Bye bye air. It was nice while it lasted. I called the power company and learned I am one of 17,363 people without power. I feel I am in good company because most of those people are my friends, neigbhors and bosses. I am fortunate than most because there is power and internet at work so I am not completely cut off. I freeze five bottles of water each afternoon so I will have cold water to get me through the night.

Overall, things are starting to get back to normal.

Daily Dose

1. Enjoying the simple things in life.

2. Having a hot shower.

3. Internet access at work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral