Roughing and other adventures from Hurricane Irene

So far this year, RR has had a tornado, an earthquake and now a lovely little dame named Irene decided to visit us.
We are quite fortunate here with trees down, power out and no fatalities. I have been without power since Saturday at 4:30 p.m. It is not the lack of air or electricity that is getting to me but the unnatural quiet. And the sound of generators humming throughout neighborhood. I am glad JJ is not here to experience this. I have water so I am able to shower.

I worked yesterday so I saw how many trees were uprooted and on houses and power lines. It was so sad. We have been under a curfew each night. Each night, I  have eaten beanie weenies in a can while reading by candlelight. I am  not complaining because I have a roof over my head that isn't leaking or provides a clear view of the stars.

We were very blessed in the Roanoke Valley.

DAILY DOSE

1. Being able to use the newspaper's microwave for a hot meal. 

2. Internet access from the newspaper.

3. Being blessed that things didn't get worst.

Comments

  1. Glad you are doing OK. Mother Nature must be mad! Hope some normalcy returns soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about that quiet and it's so spooky. We had a massive storm in 2008 that knocked out all power to us and surrounding suburbs. All our shops where shut, there were no trains, we were lucky in that we had a gas BBQ and we were about to cook and make coffee [we made lots of coffee to others too who lived around us, who were so grateful]. We were very lucky. The transformer was in our street and so when it was fixed we had power back within 24 hours but others had to wait days. Anyway, was only talking about that quiet and got sidetraked. I hope all settles soon.
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral