It is sooooo hot!

I am not a summer person. And while I love wearing cute dresses with cute heels or wedges, I do not dig the heat. I am a spring and fall gal who loves temperatures in the late 70s and mid-80s. I don't like breaking into a sweat at 7:45 a.m. when I am leaving for work.

Summer means working in the meat locker at work. On a typically day, I dress for the outside temps of hot and the inside temperature of bitter cold. Who knew 73 degrees inside could be so cold.

But summer is a part of life. As a reporter, it is hard taking pictures and doing interviews in 95 plus heat. Kids love it but adults hate. Thank goodness, JJ knows that hot temperatures mean hot playground equipment. His motto is "if  you have to put on pants to go to the playground, then what is the point." I agree and we head to the air conditioned splendor of the McDonald's Playland.

I have been crazy busy of late. Yesterday, all I did was sleep. I did venture out briefly for the Sunday newspaper at noon. Then I went back to sleep on the couch. Sad but true. I read the newspaper at 7:30 p.m. Hot weather just zaps all of the energy out of you. Well, I am going to find me some nice cool ice pops.

Daily Dose

1. A cute dress makes the day so much better.
2. Air conditioning rocks!
3. Ice cream

Comments

  1. Yikes-sounds hot!! We have hot weather here at the moment but right now that's about 81. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral