Today was a good day!

For the first time in a longtime, I felt like me. Today was a very good day. I was allowed to cover a women's conference for the newspaper and magazine. It was a very empowering experience. While at the event, I didn't realize just how many people I have come in contact with while living in RR. It was just fun. And I need fun and uplifting in my life.

I had to do my Sunday profile and ended up meeting someone who I think I will become friends with. I interviewed her over lunch and came away speechless. An outstanding woman who doesn't understand just how valuable she is to the community. Like I said, today was a great day.

I had a chance to interview renowned poet Nikki Giovanni. I have read her work and seen her on tv but in person, the lady is awesome. I had a chance to not only be a professional journalist but a fan as well. Someone was nice enough to snap a picture of me with her. Today was good day.
The photographer has her picture taken!


And for the first time in weeks,  it was an ED free day. And even got  a compliment from a guy. He said "you have gained some weight. It looks great on you but I bet you get that a lot." I think I actually blushed.

Once I am done here, I am going home to chill because I don't want to ruin this day.

Daily Dose

1. Finally feeling better after a bout of food poisoning.

2. Had a great hair day!

3. Realizing I have an awesome job that allows me to have amazing experiences!

Comments

  1. That's wonderful! That is one of the things I miss most about journalism-moments like these. I remember when I was able to meet two different celebrities: Maya Angelou and Patty Duke, and talk with them afterwards. Maya appeared so confident and secure in herself that I felt a little intimidated, but it went well. These are strong women that I think I would like to emulate more - I'm tired of feeling weak.

    I'm so glad you had this day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz