The Dog Days are Gone

We are bracing for a snow and ice event here. I hit the grocery store yesterday so I have bread and milk. The milk is to make blueberry muffins. I am starting to recover my inner chef. Before ED took over my life, I wanted to be a chef and own my own restaurant.  If things had went according to plan, I would be have probably had my own cooking show.


Since moving into my own place, I have made homemade sloppy joes and spaghetti. I’ll have to remember to take some pictures to share of my culinary fun.

I had a great weekend. I went to D’s house at the Lake. We sat around and talked. And since I was off my medication. I had a few drinks. (I am now officially back on the meds.) She doesn’t have cable but she had this channel that shows all kinds of music videos from the 50s to today. It was nice to see Wang Chung along with Katy Perry and Weezer. It was nice to veg out and have some fun.

At one point, I ate a bowl of chicken and rice. I didn’t think about it. I just ate. There was no analyzing or calculating. I just ate while we were talking at the dining room table. I was so proud of myself. 

Right now, I am taking a break at work before finding out which schools are closing early. It is very cold outside so I know something involving precipitation will happen. My normal eight minute commute will probably turn into 15 minutes tomorrow. Since I live close to the newspaper, I am expected to be at work. No snow day for the weary.

Daily Dose
1. Being a Food Network chef in my own mind.
2. Getting texts from JJ.
3. Letting go some of my food rules.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz