Six months ago, I resolved to do 10 things in 2010. Well, there were so roadblocks--my mom's death, a new boss and being depressed. So I decide to see how much of the list I have accomplished. In a few days, a new list will debut--11 things to do in 2011.
Here is where I am at now.1. Plan a social event--I lived in a motel until about two weeks ago. So there was no event.
2. Go to Richmond, Va.--MADE IT HALFWAY
3. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity--NO TIME.
4. Learn to swim.--LOST MY NERVE.
5. Watch a major sporting event with others instead of alone.--DID IT.
6. Have my son visit me in RR--NOT YET BECAUSE OF HIS SCHOOL AND MY WORK SCHEDULE
7. Have a spa day.--DIDN'T MAKE THE TIME
8. Go out to eat at a really nice restaurant.--NOT YET
9. Get a story published in a magazine (not owned by my newspaper).--WORKING ON IT
10. Celebrate on New Year's Eve with other people. WILL BE GOING TO A PARTY HOSTED BY MY FRIEND T.
Overall, I realize I need to make time for myself and not just focus on work. So I will give this some thought for 2011.
1. Taking a bubble bath and sipping on a mimosa.
2. Unpacking most of my clothes.
3. Buying my favorite chicken salad from Eli's Butcher Shop.