Recap of 10 things to do in 2010

Six months ago, I resolved to do 10 things in 2010. Well, there were so roadblocks--my mom's death, a new boss and being depressed. So I decide to see how much of the list I have accomplished. In a few days, a new list will debut--11 things to do in 2011. 

Here is where I am at now.

1. Plan a social event--I lived in a motel until about two weeks ago. So there was no event.

2. Go to Richmond, Va.--MADE IT HALFWAY


3. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity--NO TIME.

4. Learn to swim.--LOST MY NERVE.


5. Watch a major sporting event with others instead of alone.--DID IT.

6. Have my son visit me in RR--NOT YET BECAUSE OF HIS SCHOOL AND MY WORK SCHEDULE

7. Have a spa day.--DIDN'T MAKE THE TIME

8. Go out to eat at a really nice restaurant.--NOT YET

9. Get a story published in a magazine (not owned by my newspaper).--WORKING ON IT

10. Celebrate on New Year's Eve with other people. WILL BE GOING TO A PARTY HOSTED BY MY FRIEND T.

Overall, I realize I need to make time for myself and not just focus on work. So I will give this some thought for 2011.

DAILY DOSE

1. Taking a bubble bath and sipping on a mimosa.

2. Unpacking most of my clothes.

3. Buying my favorite chicken salad from Eli's Butcher Shop.

Comments

  1. I like your idea! Every year I write down goal for myself - I'll have to get lats years back out and review!!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    <3
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz