Rain, rain and more rain

It has rained all day. I expect Noah to show up any minute. Today has been a bad day. There is no other way to say it. i need to vent or otherwise I might hurt someone so I vent. I started my new beat on Monday. Education is important but I hate it. There is nothing to balance it out plus I hate it.
I took this at the circus last week. On days like this, I want to run away and join the circus. This little girl was amazing.

In life, we should have one major life change every other year. I have had major life changes three years back to back. I am still dealing with my mother's death as best I can. My job is my sanctuary. I expected to return to it and get back to a routine. Instead I am having to adjust to life without my mother and learned about three additional school systems. Some days, I want to take to the bed and cry. For the first time since I was hired, I hate my job. Hate it. I have told myself I will give this new arrangement six months. If I still don't feel like it is working, then I will make a change. I am not a quitter. My mother didn't raise a quitter. But I hate being an education reporter. I am very lucky in this economy to have a job especially at a daily newspaper. But deep down inside, I hate my job. I miss county government. I wonder if I should have took my friend's advice and applied for the job in Pickle Land.

This past weekend, I went to Pickle Land and had a blast. I got to see my friends, talk and for 48 hours I felt okay. But I'm not okay. I'm depressed and hanging on. The hospice in Charlotte is working on finding me a grief counselor here. Right now, I can't really afford therapy. And I don't want to talk to my friends too much.

 I am glad to get this off of my chest. I actually feel better. I think I will get me a bowl of Captain Crunch and watch Criminal Minds. Venting rocks!

I love this photo. I took it while waiting to interview some people.
Daily Dose

1. The remake of Hawaii Five-O is pretty good.
2. I found my dream pen at Rose's for $2. The pen is AWESOME!
3. Things are going to get better. I just have to have faith and patience.

Comments

  1. Sorry work is sucky right now. Hopefully it will get better. Is there any way for you to get your old beat back? Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes venting is totally necessary and helpful. Trust me, I understand about work sucking sometimes. You have had so many life changes, and it makes sense that you'd crave a reprieve, or a 100% fulfilling job to dedicate yourself to. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes think how would it be if I was working at a circus, I find it so interesting!! The flower photo is great, reminds me of spring :)

    hang in there, and your friends would understand if you don't want to talk too much. Just do what it makes you feel better, and I'm just hoping that you will indeed feel happy and loving your job all over again!

    have a nice day, lots and lots of hugs,
    AnnaM.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been in my prayers, and I'm glad that you're hanging in there. I hope you can find someone to speak to about your grief, and I'm sure that your friends wouldn't mind listening! We're always here to read what you have to say, too. :)
    Sending you hugs and prayers- Shae Adele

    Ps. We're getting dumped on where I live, too. It hasn't stopped downpouring in three days, and my neighborhood has more standing water than grass. Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral