Finding my happy place

In life, we all need a happy place. I have several places of those places that calms me. The library is my favorite happy place. There is something about all of those books and magazines that makes my soul happy. I also love going to the college bookstore and seeing all of those pens and notebooks.

But my favorite happy place is being with my son and seeing his beautiful smile. This week has been rough not seeing him and trying to help my mom. I needed a happy place and ASAP. I found it down the street at the building under renovation. Cute, shirtless men with equipment. It does the heart good. It may be hot and humid but I am perfectly content to do my hair, put on my cute flats and stroll pass them. And I'm not the only one. I noticed some women in the high rise across the street watching them.

My little quiet spot on the hospital grounds.
I took a picture of a spot I like to people watch without them seeing me. It's a nice shady spot.

My mom had a craving for strawberries. So I asked the nice lady who brings the food to the floor if I could get some for her. She is so nice. She always make sure there is extra food in the tray for me. For dinner, my mom had New England Clam Chowder and I had a bistro sandwich and a side salad.

Overall, she is getting stronger each day. She is still getting lots of fluids and shots to help increase her white blood cells. I will be here the rest of the week. So I enjoying the time that I am spending with her.

Daily Dose

1. Spending time with my mom.

2. People watching.

3. Enjoying some good food.

Comments

  1. Definitely sounds soothing -- with the cute, shirtless men an all.

    I love that new pens and notebooks thrill someone besides just me.

    I am glad your mom is getting stronger!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your mum sounds like she is doing a little better. I love pens and notebooks too. I love stationery shops and end up spending hours in them. Oh while I remember, don't forget to send me your details so I can send you the card when I make it up. I have the perfect change over the next weekend as I have friday through monday off, yay me!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral