We are still here at the hospital. My mom is getting better but grumpier. She's ready to go home. Today, I left the hospital campus and ventured to a Rite Aid. My mom wanted a pedicure. Or as close to one I could give. Next to the Rite Aid, a Books-A-Million with a Chick-fil-A nearby. Cue the angels and light shining from heaven. I was a happy Silly Girl.
So for lunch, my mom had chicken wings and dirty rice from Bojangles while I had my favorite Chick-fil-A meal. Her turkey club wrap looked at us while we ate. For dinner, I advised my mother to try White Chicken Chili in a bread bowl for dinner from the hospital. She took one bite and spit it into her napkin. I went to hospital cafeteria and got her fried chicken, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes and cornbread. She was happy. I got the chili. It wasn't bad. Could have been seasoned better but not bad.
The picture I have posted is from JJ. He wrote his name--JJ. I am so proud of my baby.
Daily Dose (Perks of living in a hospital)
1. There is always a newspaper lying around.
2. All types of free coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the waiting room.
3. Magazines. There are tons of them on tables all around the hospital.
4. Those miniature cans of soda.
5. If you are nice to a nurse or cna, they will be even nicer to you.