Monday, April 12, 2010

Back to my space


I have returned to work after being gone for a week. I was happy to get my mom settled and come up with a plan. But I am so glad to be back in my space and my world. I no longer fit in there.

She was so happy to be home. Since the weather is getting warm, she is going outside more. I think this will help improve her. Plus, I’ll check in a few times each day. I am still torn between working and taking care of her. But right now, she is doing okay and it is best we continue to live our lives.

Before returning home, I spent sometime with JJ. We watched a Wolverine dvd and played with dragons. I enjoy anytime I can spend with my son. Hopefully, next weekend, he will come to RR and see things here.

On my first day back, I got to cover an event outside where schoolkids learned about colonial times. I love outside events and seeing kids learn something. I had a great time. It made me realize how much I love writing.

Daily Dose

1. Sleeping in my own bed.

2. Spending time with my son.

3. Preparing for my son's visit.

1 comment:

  1. Your little boy is so cute!!! I'm so glad you're back in your comfort zone :) I know it's a tough balance with work and caretaking... just don't forget what's good for YOU!

    By the way, I thought "Treme" was interesting, but the premier was way too long (1.5 hours). I think it's just an hour show going forward. I'd recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete

Stopping ED from gaining

One of the hardest things I had to ever do was to explain my ED to my 11-year-old son. His father had talked to him about it, which I have...