The weather is so delightful

Spring is here and I love it. The time is coming for cute tops, skirts and dresses. I am looking so forward to spring and summer.

Today, I went for a long walk and just explored the area near where I live. I did my monthly evaluation of whether I should look for an apartment or a house to live in. I am still loving the motel life. So for now I take at the Brookwood. I need to clean but other things get in the way like work and socializing. Yes, I the anti-social reporter has been socializing.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day so I hung out with my co-worker D. She lives on the Lake and wanted to show me her world. And her world is beautiful. We went to the flea market where I found a viewmaster for my son and a puzzle he will love. We had lunch at the most electic resturant that is a combination of resturant and general store. It was a nice way to spend a Saturday--exploring and talking. She took me to a Garden Center that had the most awesome gift shop ever. Gift ideas galore.

The day inspired me to go grocery shopping. I made a chicken, pasta and brocoli dish. No recipe. I did it on instinct. It is the first time in a long time I cooked without a recipe and went on inspiration. Even though, I miss my mom and son. I think the best decision was moving to RR and taking this job. I can't wait to show JJ this place. He's going to love it.

My mom is doing better. She told she went outside yesterday and is sleeping less. I am so glad. I am worried about where they shot the radiation under her arm. Hopefully, it will heal without complication. My son is getting over his stomach virus. I will spare you the details he told me. When JJ is asked how his day or life is, he will tell you. I miss my sweet boy.

I wish I could have another day off but it is back to work tomorrow. Sometimes, I wish I could win the lottery and have weekends forever. Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend and may you have a happy Monday!

Daily Dose

1. Broccoli isn't that bad with pasta and a creamy sauce.

2. Watching the NCAA tournament. So far, Duke is hanging in there.

3. Reading the Sunday paper while eating outside. People watching should become the newest sport.

Comments

  1. I put broccoli in pasta with sauce too. It's the only way I'll eat it ;)

    I love Spring. My favorite time of year, as long as I don't get allergies! Glad you've had a relaxing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post! It actually made me smile :)
    I'm so happy you are doing great! What you cooked sounds awesome, maybe I'll try to make it myself one day for my friends!!

    And I have to admit that this year is the first one I actually enjoy spring time :D

    Love to reading your blog, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is my favorite time of year and the sun fills me with extra positive energy! I kinda love broccoli - thanks for recipe :)

    Winning a lottery sound great, but first you have to buy a ticket!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral