The world is thawing out

I worked Saturday, which means I am suppose to have Sunday and Monday off. I agreed to come in at lunchtime Monday to help out with the snow coverage. This means I got up at 9 a.m. and had a bowl of cereal. Listen to music as I showered and got dressed. After digging my car out, I slowly headed out into the world to run errands before going to work. Overall, I am in a very good mood today. And no one was going to bring it down.

While at the post office, I noticed some fire fighters, some in gear, shoveling snow at the station. I made my slowly across two ice covered parking lots and a road to take their pictures and talk with them. And then made my way back. This was actually quicker than using my car. I took a cool picture of a Navy snowman. Today has been a laid back day. I am trying to get everything done and get home before all that has melted, refreezes.

There might be more bad weather on the horizon especially this weekend. I really want to go home this weekend and see my mom and my son. I’ll say a little prayer and keep my fingers cross.

The Grammy’s were interesting last night. I am a big Dave Matthews Band fan so it was nice to see them perform. The first concert I ever attended was one of their’s. Pink’s performance was awesome. It makes me want to take lessons to perform aerial stunts like that.

Daily Dose

1. Chicken nuggets from Chick-Filet are the best.

2. Tomorrow is the season premiere of the last season of Lost. I can’t wait.

3. Having a junk food day on Sunday. I had moon pies and Pepsi, nachos and turkey chili.

Comments

  1. Dave Matthews performed? I didn't watch :(

    Sounds like you're in a great mood! Enjoy your day/night :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

Stopping a downward spiral