Trying to reach my happy place

My happy place has always been reading a good book or visiting Staples. Today, I just couldn't find my way to my happy place. I went to bed with a headache and woke up with the same headache. Plus I was running late.

I wasn't looking forward to going to work because I had to cover two events outside of my beat. I am not familiar with the county that I actually live in because I spend so much time in the next county, which is my beat. But today, I was the only reporter that wasn't sick or didn't have to take a child to the doctor.

First, I covered hearing in court about a case that I wasn't familar with. In all of my years in journalism, I have never been in a courtroom. So no one told me that there is no set time that a case is called or that attorneys don't speak up when presenting.

While at the courthouse, I did something that I have been dreading and is probably the reason for my headache. I went to find out what steps I need to take in order to get a divorce. Yes, my husband and I are planning to get a divorce. It wasn't an easy conversation and the woman I talked was very nice and helpful.

However, by the time I got back to the newspaper, my head was pounding. I treated myself to Chick Filet because maybe some nuggets would help me get to my happy place. No such luck.

Later this afternoon, I had to cover a memorial service for minister that was killed in Haiti. It was beautiful and uplifting service. But this is the third funeral I have attended in a month. I don't know if I have it any me to attend another one. So now, I am taking a break from writing to eat some chili and celebrate my headache so slowly subsiding.

Maybe, tomorrow my happy place will come.

Daily Dose

1. Even though I was in a foul mood, I had a really great outfit day.

2. Grey Antamony comes on tonight.

3. In my newspaper, there is 20 percent off coupon for one item at Staples. I do believe I can see the exit sign for my happy place.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear about things with your husband :( Sounds like you had a rough day. Nobody likes being out of their usual routine, and you had to cover a different beat (with a court case and a funeral no less!). A headache is understandable. I hope you're able to take it easy and be kind to yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. You're a courageous person.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral