It has begun




It started snowing last night around 11 p.m. This morning, I took tons of pictures while waiting for my ride to work. I posted a picture I took on the avenue.


My feet are cold despite two pairs of thick socks in my work boots. I am looking forward to going home and enjoying the snow. I wish JJ was here so we could have snowball fight. Apparently here in RR, the snow shuts the town down. I had hoped to get a mocha Joe at the Burger King across the street but it’s not open. My co-worker took a picture of me trudging down the street from taking snow pictures. I think it is a pretty good shot. I don’t have many photos of myself.

People prepare for an impending snowstorm in different ways here. Shelves were emptied of bread, milk and beer. I prepared by doing my laundry. When it snows, I don’t buy milk and bread. I buy Tahitian Treat soda, Ritz crackers and pimento cheese. Those are my comfort foods along with a ton of magazines to read. I am more than half way through the new Stephen King novel. Right now, I am waiting for a statewide conference call for emergency management directors. It is all that stands between finishing my story, proofing pages and going home to put on my Curious George pajamas. Life does not get any better than this.

Daily Dose

1. Pimento cheese on Ritz crackers

2. The sound of sleet falling.

3. The beauty of snow.

Comments

  1. We've had the worst snow in 30 years here in the UK SG, so I do know we're your coming from.

    For most people that I know he first couple of weeks make great photographs...but after that!!!

    But me, I could deal with it for at least 3 months of the year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at that snow! Crazy! I get very excited by extreme weather, probably because I live in CA where we don't have any ;) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow is common for us New Englanders in the Winter. And yes, milk, water and bread disappear sometimes, too.

    I never get tired of snow's sparkling beauty! I'm glad you can appreciate its beauty, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral