It's so cold

I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather. I hate being cold. I will layer and layer just so I won’t be cold. The high today is about 30-something. I know it could be worst with snow and ice but I’m a wimp. Thank goodness, I have awesome collection of sweaters and thermal underwear. So I am prepared somewhat. I didn’t run this morning because it was cold and my bed was soooooo warm. Yes, I am a wimp and proud of it.
Tomorrow, I cover a Christmas parade where the weather will be a balmy 40 degrees. I’m ready. This is only the beginning of December. I can’t imagine what the end of December, January and February will be like. I am thinking warm and happy thoughts.

I will have a long weekend off for Christmas. I am excited but nervous. I miss my son and husband a lot but at the same time I don’t fit in with their life. It’s hard to explain but I feel more comfortable here in a new place than at home surrounded by friends and family. I guess because I am not in anybody’s shadow. I get to be myself.

I think I am settling in nicely. I have a PO Box, a library card and somewhat of a routine. I am working on making friends. It is hard to make friends when you’re an adult. And especially when you are socially awkward. I can talk and interview people for a story but socializing is a whole other thing. I have found two volunteering options I want to do. And found an interesting church to attend. So I have options but my hours are unpredictable. I’ll keep you posted.

Daily Dose

1. Thermal underwear is the best.
2. Coffee is a quick way to warm up.
3. I am getting closer to having the latest Stephen King novel. I can’t wait.

Comments

  1. I'm the same way with cold... I hate it. I also hate being all bundled up like the Michelin Man!!

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also HATE the cold. I'm from California, so I have an excuse to hate the cold :)I think it's normal to feel some sense of identity split with your family life and your work life. With the physical distance, it's got to be hard to integrate the two. Just know that you can be yourself even at home. I've had to learn this with my husband. I have to make more of an effort to carve out space for ME when I'm with someone else than when I'm alone (which is why I think being alone sounds so appealing at times). There's more than enough room for YOU though with your husband and son. I'm sure of it :)
    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you - I hate the cold.

    Btw, I aced my class - an A-(3.7) Graduate school full-time, here I come! Thanks for the encouragement. :)

    And stay warm!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral