Election Day 2009

For the first time in a long time, I didn’t vote today. When I moved here, it was too late to register to vote. And I couldn’t vote at home because I really didn’t know the candidates. If I had voted absentee, I would have been voting just to vote. And I feel that is wrong. But next year, I will be prepared.

Even though, I didn’t vote. I will be in the thick of things for the first time. I will be doing election coverage tonight. In all my years of journalism, I have never covered an election. Of course, the county I cover all of the elections are uncontested. So my night will be interesting. Every morning, I get up at 6 a.m. I am not excited about the early hour but am excited about my job. Some days, I can’t believe I am getting paid to do this. But I am. And I feel so blessed and fortunate to be doing something I love and am good at doing.

Daily Dose

1. I ate lunch with another person. I am working on eating with others and not feeling so weird about it.

2. Dairy Queen has the best grilled cheese sandwiches.

3. A lovely day for an election.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst