Saturday, November 7, 2009

Could sleep for 100 years


This week, I have worked my little fingers to the bone writing. I have been burning the candle at both ends covering events. I was so tired today that I dozed off while eating my lunch. I remember taking a bite of my corn dog and looking at the time. The next thing I know it was 30 minutes later. Sad but true. This is my weekend to work so I am still busy. But I see a wonderful bed and fluffy pillows in my not to distance future. I still have a Veteran’s Day march to cover on Sunday. And then I can head for home and see my guys. Plus, I will have Monday and Tuesday for some well-deserved R and R.
I have been so busy that I hadn’t realized the Yankees won the World Series.

But I did make time to cut my hair. My hair used to be very long and pretty but because of my ED, it started to break off. There were also a lot of split ends so I decided to just to make a fresh start and cut it. It looks amazing. The community college here has a cosmetology program with excellent prices for their services. In a regular salon, it would have cost me about $60 to $70 but there it was $24. I saved a mint and was able to help someone learn. A win-win for us. The photo isn't the best but I am proud of my haircut.

Daily Dose

1.I love my new haircut.
2. Not being bored because I am so insanely busy!
3. Will be headed home!

2 comments:

  1. I love getting my hair cut -- feels so good! I know being busy helps me stay on track, so I'm glad you have so much fulfilling work going on, even if it is tiring. I hope you enjoy your R&R :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to take me to the local cosmetology school when I was a boy. I usually got pretty good haircuts. But one time, a tiny young Italian girl did my hair so amazingly well, I thought she was John Travolta's personal hair stylist gone incognito. (This was late 1970.)

    Thanks for commenting on my Shadow Shot!

    ReplyDelete

Spending time with my son

Memorial Day is always special for me as a reporter and a person. It is a chance to recognize who gave their life so I and others can have t...