Blustery Day

Today has been a cold, wet and blustery day. It is not an ideal day for a reporter. On the plus side, I covered an American Indian Heritage event and learned some new things. And took some really pictures of the tribal school dance team. After the event, there was nice buffet lunch where I sit on some stairs and had a nice conversation with a few people. I came back from the event in a pretty good mood. When the weather is cold and yucky, people tend to either do bad things or get into accidents. It was like the floodgates open. Since it is so windy, the railroad crossing arms came down. Down as the train was coming through. Train didn’t stop. It came over the scanner and I was send to take pictures. Have you ever seen on the news when reporters are reporting in the wind and rain. Imagine me with a camera in the rain and the wind taking pictures. I now know what a kite feels like. The pictures looked decent.

Before I went back to work, I stopped and got a hot coffee and sundae pie from Burger King to warm up. It hit the spot. I started writing the Indian story and warming up when suddenly the scanner was buzzing with activity. There had been a bank robbery. The first bank robbery in three years. It happened on the worst day. So the other reporter and I went to the scene. I got to be the photographer and he would be the reporter. I snapped some shots while he tried to get some info.

All in all, a good news day. I covered myfirst bank robbery. Even though, I am still trying to warm up I realized a few things. I have the best job in the world where I get to do things most people read about and I have a job. All in all, a very good day.

I went home Monday and Tuesday to see my boys. They are doing well. I miss them and they miss me. JJ and I discuss plans for his fourth birthday party. My baby is going to four in a couple of weeks. Four! It seems like yesterday, he was learning to walk. And know, he wearing little underwear with superheroes on it and discussing who is better Incredible Hulk or Spiderman. Anyway, JJ has made it crystal clear that he wants four candles on his Iron Man cake. Yes, he wants an Iron Man cake. He is not really focusing on gifts just the cake and candles. And he has been practicing on how to blow the candles out. My baby is grewing up so fast. I miss him so much but this job is helps to pay the bills and get that cake. And if things work out, this job could lead to a job closer to home.

Daily Dose

1. Hershey Sundae Pie rocks.
2. I love my job.
3. Found all of my sweaters and coats so Silly Girl will be warm!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz