Working woman

This is my weekend to work and it has been a busy one. I didn’t get home until 7 p.m. last night. And today, I had to be at the Halifax Harvest Days at 9 a.m. Forty-five degrees weather and I do not get along but layering and hot cider can make a situation bearable. My plans for my one day off include sleeping, some takeout, more sleeping and maybe more sleeping. Sunday should be a very good indoor day. I would have Monday off but I have a county commissioner’s meeting that afternoon so duty calls.

The life of a daily newspaper reporter is a busy one. Crazy busy with lots of contact with people. I am not a people person. But I have a job where people skills are a must. I just fake my way through it. I love writing and telling people’s stories and somehow I have managed to make it work as Tim Gunn would say. I have gotten hooked on Project Runway. I love fashion and couldn’t imagine being able to make some of the items they make. I’ll just stick to writing.

It is Saturday night. I should be doing something exciting but I am tired.

Daily Dose

1. Festival food rocks—I had ribbon fries and hotdogs.
2. Cooler weather means cool sweaters. I can so rock a good sweater.
3. The heating system in my motel room is amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz