Coffee provides the kick

Since starting my job, I have become a mild coffee drinker. This means I drink half of an eight ounce cup each morning. I like with lots of cream and sugar. Before this, I hated coffee. I wasn’t even a fan of coffee ice cream or coffee cake. However, I have a growing addiction to iced mochas from Burger King. This is a major jolt of caffeine. I guess all this stems from having to be up at 6 a.m. and be at work between 7 am and 7:30 a.m. All of this is much to early for me. I miss the days being at work at 8 or 9 a.m. I know I shouldn’t complain since I have a job. I am just not a morning person. Maybe mid-morning from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. I could sleep in and be home in time to have a life or watch Grey’s anatomy.

But back to coffee, I have always loved the smell but hated the taste. What has happen? I'll tell you that it is because I am getting up so damn early. It is sad when you wake up each morning fantasizing about going to bed later that day. Everyday, I take a nap at 4:30 p.m. when I get off from work because I am so tired. And if there is a night meeting or event, hello exhaustion.

I am glad that I am in better health and state of mind that a year ago. Being a reporter at a daily newspaper is stressful and time consuming so I need to be on top of my game. Months ago, I wouldn't have been open about my ED but sometimes you need some support. In the newsroom, a few of my colleagues know about my ED and help to keep me balance. This could be by reminding me that it is lunch time or packing an extra snack or piece of chicken.

Daily Dose

1. Being able to have a clear head to think.

2. Looking forward to exploring various food options in the Valley. I am leaning toward trying frog legs.

Comments

  1. Coffee is one of those things I've tried desperately to like... but it's a futile effort. Oh, well.

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get up at 6am, I can barely manage to get to work by 9:30. And the commute is only about 20 minutes! One day I'm going to post about my typical morning (although it will take me hours to write about it).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz

COVID is the worst

Stopping a downward spiral