Breast Cancer Awareness

Today, I covered a breast cancer awareness program at the college. It didn't seem like work because it is a cause close to my heart. My mother is a breast cancer survivor so I try to do whatever I can for the cause. It was a wonderful program and at the end of it balloons were released. I signed my mother's name on a banner for in memory of and in honor of.

As I listened to the many speakers, I thought about how important early detection is for a woman. My mother knew months in advance that something wasn't right with her body but ignored it because she wanted to help my brother and I prepare for our unborn children. I am so grateful and blessed that she found out in time and was able to stop the progression of her cancer. It took two rounds of chemo, a round of radiation and surgery but for now things are good. I was fortunate to be there for her. Since I am thinking about her so much, I'll give her a call.

Daily Dose

1. I am glad that my mother is still around to give me advice and love.

2. Early detection is the key.

3. Being able to have a forum to get the word out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz