Back to School

I spend my day at a local high school today doing stories. It brought back memories of high school. I am not one of those people who wants to return and relive their high schoold days. High school wasn't bad but it sure as hell wasn't comfortable.

I worked on three stories for the newspaper. I also had a chance to speak to a high school class about journalism. Public speaking isn't my thing but I think I did okay. The questions they asked were very good. I tried to give them a realistic view of journalism.

I did good today considering I didn't sleep very well last night. The teacher said conveyed how much I loved my job. And I do so much.

In high school, I wasn't popular. I was kind of a loner floater. I had friends in different groups. I was mostly teased by other African American kids for acting "too white". The reason was because I had excellent grades and a plan for the future. I survived high school, got the diploma and haven't been back. Not even for a reunion. I have reconnected with some on Facebook.

Being there today brought back some memories. Some were good and some were bad. If I could go back in time, I would tell all the naysayers to screw it.

Daily Dose
1. I am starting to figure who I am and who I am meant to be
2. To be able to look in the mirror with no clothes on without flinching
3. Eating lunch without stressing or overthinking.

Comments

  1. I'm not one who loved high school either... it's weird how I'm so into higher education now!!

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who needs high school? Sometimes I want to rush in and save some of the kids in there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stopping a downward spiral

COVID is the worst

BOOK REVIEW: The Other Emily by Dean Koontz